Manuel Gallegos of Manuel’s El Burrito Restaurant & Cantina has been a Royalty Rewards® merchant since 2019. He connects with his coach Jason every month and ever since attending a recent Quantum Leap Live Event, he and his team started picking up some serious steam.
So What Did They Do? First, Manuel got HELP from Coach Jason and got his team on board. Manuel had a list of customer email addresses, so we leveraged that and emailed them a compelling offer to visit. With a committed team and NEW SIGNAGE in the restaurant, Manuel’s team enrolled 174 new members in the month of December. That’s a 1060% increase over the previous month!!!
Then, we targeted these new members again, along with his existing members who hadn’t yet earned a reward yet, with a February Sales Boost campaign. Those results? 21.8% of the people who received the campaign came in and have spent $4,426.52 so far. As we write this, there is still a week left before expiry, so that will grow even more. Great Job Manual and Jason!
PLUS… 33.6% of those new members returned in January after receiving the Welcome Campaign.
Pro Targeting Tips:
- – Target new members early in their membership to increase engagement and reinforce spending habits.
- – Target existing members who haven’t yet earned an award with a DOUBLE POINTS offer (designed to result in an award and provide positive reinforcement
How? When? And Using What Method?
With all the latest and greatest electronic ways to communicate, it can be easy to look at email as a cheap and easy way to market your business. And while email is a great medium to COMPLIMENT your marketing program, if you rely only on electronic communications, you are leaving dollars on the table and customers at your competitors. Just check out some of these stats…
But when it comes to customer communication, how much is too much? A general rule of thumb is to connect with your Rewards Members in some form of another AT LEAST weekly.
So if you’re doing a good job, your customers read an email, redeem a postcard or an award, make a purchase and earn points, or engage with you in some other way every week.
Some of the most successful Royalty Rewards® Merchants have built such a solid relationship with their customers that they email them DAILY.
Stats to chew on…
- – Direct mail response rates are FIVE to NINE times higher than any other advertising channel. Up to 90% of direct mail gets opened, compared to only 20-30% of emails. (Data Targeting Solutions)
- – According to USPS, 98% of people check their mail daily and Americans spend upwards of 30 minutes with their mail on a single occasion.
- – For every $167 spent in the US on direct mail, $2095 in goods are sold. Plus, adding a person’s name and full color can increase response rates by as much as 135%. (Compu-Mail)